Friday, December 11, 2009

Truly Scrumptious

 

Last night I attended a cookie exchange party. Cookie Monster would have been in heaven. There were cookies of every size, shape and flavor. Everyone was asked to bring 6 dozen of one type of cookie to share. We then were provided a bakery box by our hostess and filled them up with a variety of cookies to take home. There were prizes given for best tasting cookie, prettiest cookie and best presentation. I had my cookies all packed up to go to the party in Tupperware when I remembered the contest. The pressure was on! I couldn't take them in plain old plastic! I quickly found a platter and asked very nicely for my husband to go out in the cold and cut some holly sprigs to lay on my platter. Sadly the birds have had a feast on our holly berries and we only had one berry left. Holly is just not very festive without berries. I explained that I was very appreciative that he weathered the cold for me, but I just couldn't possibly use holly leaves with no berries. Thank goodness I married a man with an eye for detail. He totally understood. I didn't win a prize for my cookies, but I think they are truly scrumptious.

One of my favorite movies has a character named Truly Scrumptious. Can you name it?

I took Coconut Corn Flake Cookies to the party. Here is the recipe.

3/4 cup butter
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup white sugar
2 eggs, beaten
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups coconut
2 cups self-rising flour
2 cups corn flakes

Cream butter and sugars. Then add eggs, vanilla, coconut, flour and corn flakes. Drop by spoonful on cookie sheet. Bake at 400 degrees for about 10 minutes.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. YUMMMMMMMMMM!!!!! Sounds like you had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was the most fun! Thanks for driving me! I got your back always when mean truck-driving men honk at you!!! We should have invited him to our cookie exchange. :)

    ReplyDelete